Saturday 9 August 2014

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi



My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior




Shatter Me. Shatter Me. Shatter Me. Shatter Me.

So good.

Reasons for loving this book:
- The Writing - poetic, beautiful and straight out the mind of our main protagonist (strikeouts and whatnot).
- Fast paced and captivating (need I say more?)
-Adam and those goddamn eyes. And lips.
- Warner and his I'm-a-douchebag-psycho-stalker attitude, which I think is either a facade or the end product of a messed up upbringing. Whatever it is I don't think it's his fault that he is that way. TIME SHALL TELL.
- KENJI. Why is he so bloody hilarious? His sarcasm and remarks are just so refreshing, I love them.
- James. Cute innocent James. I love his relationship with Adam.
- Tension. Tension. Tension. Between Warner and Juliette. Adam and Juliette. Adam and Warner.
- Finally, the ending! I did not expect the story to go in that direction. I'm captivated and engaged. Bring on Unravel Me!

One thing I didn't really enjoy were the intimate scenes between Juliette and Adam. They made me feel a little uncomfortable and the development of their relationship seemed rush (even though they knew each other a few years back).

Cannot wait to find out how the series continues!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...